We’re now accepting applications for new members!
“I’m so happy I learned of the Young Professional program a few years ago. I love being a part of the program and I always look forward to our monthly get-togethers and our time with the VHBG youth – whether it be a meal together, a fun activity or conversations and getting to know and support them”. -Abby Nurnberger, YP
Our VHBG Young Professionals strive to support the children and families served by the Virginia Home for Boys and Girls (VHBG) through philanthropic and leadership endeavors, fundraising, networking, and social activities under the guidance of our staff. VHBG Young Professionals are a group of philanthropic individuals with a collective goal to attract members to raise resources, broaden the volunteer base for both on-campus and-off campus activities, and enhance awareness for VHBG. Being a member means you are the type of person who wants to lend your talents and give your time to make a difference in the lives children in crisis.
Length of Term:
1- 2 hours per month. Additional fundraising events.
- Support VHBG with a one-time or recurring monthly gift to the Annual Fund. As an emerging philanthropist, your financial habits are just forming. While you may not be able to give what you feel is a large sum early in your career, any contribution is valued.
- Expected to attend two of the three Young Professional Board meetings per year. These meetings are to discuss the upcoming activities of the YP Board.
- Expected to attend six of the nine youth engagement activities per year as a mentor to our youth. These are activities such as pizza parties, kickball games, and/or bowling outings with youth who live in our group homes.
- Support VHBG with your time and talent by volunteering on an event committee or during one of our large fundraising events. You can recruit volunteers and attendees or promote awareness of the events. We appreciate your help to get the word out about VHBG fundraising events and various activities on our campus. Our main fundraising events are:
- Golf Tournament – June 19, 2020
- Youth Triathlon – August 15, 2020
- Band Together – September 18, 2020
For more information or to join the Young Professionals contact Sarah Blazincic at 804-270-6566 ext. 119 or SBazincic@vhbg.org.