Health Services provides medical care for our residents as well as students at the John G. Wood School while they are on campus. In addition to our registered nurses, over 200 doctors and dentists in the community provide medical and dental care for VHBG residents. Health Services has the capability to serve medically fragile youth.
Medical care includes the following services:
- Routine physicals & immunizations
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Dental care including oral surgery and braces coordinated with local dentists and orthodontists.
- Adjunct psychiatrist who meets with the child, the direct care staff, the therapist and the biological parent
- Nutrition counseling emphasizing fitness and healthy lifestyle
Health Services Supervisor
Debra graduated from VCU with a BS in biology. Following graduation, she attended MCV School of Nursing for and revieved her BS in Nursing. Debra worked at St. Mary’s Hospital in pediatrics and Children’s Hospital 15 years. Debra cam to VHBG in 1996, and was involved in writing the MATY curriculum for Medication Administration Training for Youth.