- 5-Day Youth Triathlon Camp
- Packet Pick-up
- Race Day Schedule
- Race Distances
- Registration Fees
USAT Sanctioned Event
Friday, August 24, 2013 (6:30am – 10:30am)
Virginia Home for Boys and Girls
8716 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23294
Questions? Contact Amanda Bazzi at 804-270-6566 x 145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, Aug 19- Friday, Aug 23, 2013
Hosted by Endorphin Fitness, this camp will prepare kids between the ages of 5-14 years for the Virginia Home for Boys and Girls Youth Triathlon as well as any other youth triathlon. Participants will be taught essential skills of the sport in a safe and fun environment. The camp will be held at VHBG Monday-Friday. To register for camp contact Michael Harlow at email@example.com. The camp is $115.
- Dates: Monday, Aug. 19- Friday, Aug. 23, 2013
- Time: 5:30pm -7:00pm each day
- Locaiton: 8716 West Broad St. Richmond, VA 23294
Monday- Swim technique; Run technique
Tuesday- Bike technique; Transitions
Wednesday- Swim technique/ Race prep workout; Easy bike/ Run course preview
Thursday- Review of skills; Race simulation (swim, bike, run)
Friday- Race day tips; Transitions, Fun race prep games
Friday, Aug 23, 2013
- 4:00pm-7:00pm Mandatory packet pick-up at Endorphin Fitness, 8908 Patterson Avenue, Richmond, VA 23229 (beside CVS)
- 4:30pm-5:00pm Pre-race briefing at Endorphin Fitness (mandatory).
Saturday, Aug 24, 2013
- 6:30am-7:00am Pre-approved packet pick-up & registration at finish line.
- 7:00am Transition opens & bike mechanic available
- 7:15am-7:45am swim, bike, and run warm ups allowed on course
- 7:45am Transition closes
- 7:50am Pre-race meeting beside pool
- 8:00am First wave starts for 5-9 age group
- 9:00am First wave starts for 10-14 age group
- 8:30-10:30am Post race food & celebration
- 10:45am Awards presentation
|5- 9 yrs||10- 14 yrs|
|Swim||40 yd (2 lengths)||80 yd (4 lengths)|
|Bike||1.5 mi (2 laps)||3 mi (4 laps)|
|Run||.5 mi (1 lap)||1 mi (2 laps)|
All proceeds benefit the children at Virginia Home for Boys and Girls. The registration fees below do not include online processing charges. This will be added to your final cost at check out. Online Registration closes Thursday, August 22 at 3:30pm.
Race Day Fees
|Jan 28 – Apr 30||May 1 – Aug 12||Aug 13 – Race Day|
|Current EF athletes||All other participants|
There are no refunds for any reason. You may transfer your registration to another racer. A $10 fee along with any difference in registration costs will be charged to transfer. The deadline for transfers is 30 days before race day. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
Please note the VHBG reserves the right to add or delete the number of awards in age group categories prior to race day based on registrants in that category. Awards will not be mailed out. You must be present to collect your award or have someone pick it up for you.
- Age groups (3 deep) male and female (5-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-14)
- Top Relay Team
For more information on how you can sponsor the VHBG Youth Triathlon, please contact Amanda Bazzi at 804-270-6566 ex 145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.